This isn't a baking blog or a ministry blog (but I'll talk about those), and it's not a gardening blog (goodness, no). This is just a blog about anything, and maybe everything, that I'm thinking about right now.







Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Why I Like Being in My 30s

When I turned thirty I freaked out a little bit.  Suddenly I couldn't say to the college students I worked with, "Yeah, I'm in my twenties just like you."  I don't think I ever did say that, but it was nice to know that I could.  Until I turned thirty.  I'd try not to tell them how old I was, but if I did, their faces would be shocked, as though they were thinking, "You're that old?!"  And I wondered if they were considering buying me bifocals or a walker or something.


But now that I've had a few years to think about it, I've come to realize that being in my thirties rocks!  The thirties are way better than the twenties.

Here's why the thirties are better:
1.) I'm healthier, fitter, and look nearly as good as when I was in my twenties. (Thank you, P90X!)



2.) I know what I'm good at, and I'm better at it now.

3.) I have cooler toys.



4.) I have more fun on the weekends.



4.) I have a bigger, better fan club.


So, if this is the thirties, I can't wait to see how my forties are going to pan out!

1 comment:

  1. All I can say is enjoy your 30's... I think they are the best years, the fittest years, the pain-free years!

    ReplyDelete