This isn't a baking blog or a ministry blog (but I'll talk about those), and it's not a gardening blog (goodness, no). This is just a blog about anything, and maybe everything, that I'm thinking about right now.







Friday, April 1, 2011

April Fool!!

I'm not much of a prankster.  I'm not a very good actress and I end up feeling so bad for the person I'm tricking that I can rarely follow through!

Last night I was speaking at a meeting of college students, and I was really tempted to try to pull a prank on them!  I'm pregnant and getting quite large, and I know most college students can't tell the difference between 5 months pregnant and 9 months pregnant.  I so badly wanted to double over and clutch my stomach and cry out in pain.  Think it would've worked?  I was afraid of giving Steve a very real heart attack, though, so I didn't do it.

How about you?  Do you like to pull pranks, especially on April Fools Day?  Do you like when you're the "victim?"


Photo: www.toiletpaperentrepreneur.com

If you're looking for a prank to pull today, here are some cute, harmless ideas:
  1. Tape magnets to the bottom of an empty coffee cup, and attach it to the top of your car. Laugh at all the people who frantically try to get your attention as you drive by.
  2. Wait until your victim is in the kitchen. Come in and start filling a bucket with water (tell them you're washing the car or something). Only instead of actually filling the bucket, just pretend. Lift the bucket with both hands, acting like it's heavy and filled with water. Take a couple of steps in the victim's direction and suddenly "trip" and aim the bucket right toward them. They'll duck thinking they're getting splashed!
  3. Has your victim been working on an important project on their computer? Carefully hide the document in a safe place, then create a fake document with the same name. Fill the document with gobbledy-gook or a funny story. At the bottom put "April Fool's!"
  4. Buy some fake but realistic-looking flowers from a craft store and "plant" them in your victim's garden. They will be shocked to find they have a greener thumb than they thought!
  5. Replace the lotion in your victim's lotion bottle with mayonnaise.
  6. Take all the cereal in the house, remove the plastic bags from the boxes, and switch them around. When the victim tries to eat breakfast they will do a double-take when the wrong cereal pours out.
  7. Put a note on your victim's car that says "Sorry about the dent. Call me so we can swap insurance information." Include a fake name and phone number. Be sure to hide nearby so you can watch them search in vain for the "dent."

    (Thanks, April Fool Zone, for the ideas!)
What's the best (or worst) prank anyone has ever played on you?  What's the best one you've pulled on someone else?

No comments:

Post a Comment