This isn't a baking blog or a ministry blog (but I'll talk about those), and it's not a gardening blog (goodness, no). This is just a blog about anything, and maybe everything, that I'm thinking about right now.







Monday, April 4, 2011

Frozen Goodness

Photo: http://www.cleanbreak.ca/

For some reason, I just can't get enough of yummy frozen treats!

When we asked our church college group to share their favorite ice cream, a lot of people mentioned Rizuto's, a mom and pop ice cream shop on the corner of Barnes and Oro Blanco.  I still haven't been there.  It's biggest draw is the cheap price for a very large ice cream cone.  From what I hear, it's perfect for a large family or for a group of college students.

I tried to get Steve to go there on Saturday (after an awesome lunch at Boriello Brothers Pizza; I can't rave enough about that place!), but he was convinced that the best way to go would be brownie sundaes at home with Blue Bell ice cream and chocolate and butterscotch syrup.  Well, I could see his point, so we'll have to try Rizuto's another time.

And he was right, the sundaes were amazing!  In fact, I have eaten five since Saturday!  (I love being pregnant!)



Photo: http://www.chicagofree.info/
 Another place I need to try is YoYogurt.  It has just opened on Powers and Stetson Hills.  Like Yogurtland, our favorite from California (and more recently, from our trip to Arizona), it's a bright, fun-loving restaurant that offers do-it-yourself yogurts and toppings.  Fill up your cup with whatever you want, and they'll weigh it and charge you by the ounce. I love the creative freedom!



And here's some good news for all you who, like me, are craving frozen goodness:  Today, until 10 pm, YoYogurt will be offering 12 ounces for $0.99, which, from what I understand, is about half price.  Any other day, check in at YoYogurt on Facebook and get 10% off.  Stop by and give it a try!

Thanks, Rachel and SpringsBargains!

No comments:

Post a Comment