This isn't a baking blog or a ministry blog (but I'll talk about those), and it's not a gardening blog (goodness, no). This is just a blog about anything, and maybe everything, that I'm thinking about right now.







Friday, April 15, 2011

Thank Heaven for Little Boys

"Mothers of boys work from son up to son down."
(Unknown Author)


I get to be the mother of boys.  I get to raise those boys to be men


"Men are what their mothers made them."
(Ralph Waldo Emerson)


I want my boys to know how to honor women.  I want them to have a great sense of humor and to be able to laugh at themselves.  I want them to know how to think, to problem solve, to make sense out of a compicated situation.  I want my boys to be considerate, noticng people who need a hand, and stepping up to offer one.  I want my boys to be good friends with each other.  I want my boys to have good friends that they can be real with.


"There comes a time in every rightly constructed boy's life that he has a raging desire to go somewhere and dig for hidden treasure."
(Mark Twain)


And most of all, I want my boys to know the love of Jesus, the Son of God, who gave up his life so they could be with Him.


"One of the best things in this world is to be a boy; it requires no experience, but needs some practice to be a good one."
(Charles Dudley Warner)


I get to be part of helping them become all that and more!


"What I see is just a glimpse of the man you'll be."
(Susan Bales Dupres)

1 comment:

  1. Congrats to you guys!! So excited for you.

    Love these quotes....very cool.
    Congrats on the blog too girlie! Hope you got lotsa cards for the auction!

    ReplyDelete