This isn't a baking blog or a ministry blog (but I'll talk about those), and it's not a gardening blog (goodness, no). This is just a blog about anything, and maybe everything, that I'm thinking about right now.







Saturday, June 11, 2011

Nilla Snacks

Don't underestimate this snack.

I found the "recipe" on the back of a Nilla Wafers box in college.  Made them once and loved them.  Then I forgot about them for 14 years.

Owen and I stayed home one evening about a week ago because he wasn't feeling well.  I suddenly remembered these snacks and thought they would be a fun treat to try again.

Oh, my goodness!  These are good!  Why did I ever go so long without eating them?!

Here's what you do:



Take a couple Nilla Wafers and spread them with peanut butter.




Cut large marshmallows in half...




...and set a half on top of each Nilla Wafer.


Broil for 2-3 minutes in your oven's broiler, until they are done how you like them.




That's it!




Confession time:  I ate all these and didn't even tell my kids I had made them.  (Insert evil laugh.)

No comments:

Post a Comment