This isn't a baking blog or a ministry blog (but I'll talk about those), and it's not a gardening blog (goodness, no). This is just a blog about anything, and maybe everything, that I'm thinking about right now.







Saturday, October 29, 2011

Twice-Baked Sweet Potatoes

I love fall.  I love corn mazes and apple cider and apple pie and apple bread pudding and apples...  I love squash and scarecrows and the pumpkin patch...and pumpkin bread and pumpkin muffins and pumpkin pie...

Yesterday at the store, while we were buying pumpkins for Halloween (Need one?  King Soopers on Austin Bluffs/Academy has lots.) I picked up two sweet potatoes.  (Yams?  I really don't know the difference.)  I didn't know what I was going to make with them, but I wanted to celebrate fall and they sounded good.

So after a search on the internet, I found this recipe, which I kept very nearly the same, and will share with you below!  (It's from The Neely's on the Food Network.)




Twice-Baked Sweet Potatoes
Makes 1 large or two small servings

1 medium sweet potato (yam?  I used the orange-colored kind.)
1 tbsp. butter
2 tbsp. cream cheese
1 unpacked tbsp. brown sugar
2 tbsp. milk
dash nutmeg
dash cinnamon
dash ginger
salt and pepper

Bake the sweet potato on a baking sheet at 375 for 1 hour.  (That wasn't long enough for me, so I turned the oven up to 400 and baked an extra 10 minutes.).  Scoop the flesh from the shell, and mash it with the rest of the ingredients.  Place in a greased individual souffle dish. Sprinkle some brown sugar on top.  Bake at 375 for 10 minutes.  Then broil for about 2 minutes to really caramelize that sugar.  You're done!  Eat it. :)

Mmmm...Fall yumminess!

Now it's your turn.  I have two questions for you:
1.  What would eat with these Twice-Baked Sweet Potatoes?
2.  What's your favorite fall recipe?  Please be my new best friend and share it in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment