This isn't a baking blog or a ministry blog (but I'll talk about those), and it's not a gardening blog (goodness, no). This is just a blog about anything, and maybe everything, that I'm thinking about right now.







Monday, September 26, 2011

Chicken Marsala...As I Promised

I haven't been cooking a lot lately.  It could be that Kai is keeping my busy.  It could be that I'm not getting enough sleep to be able to do anything productive.  And I know it doesn't help that Kai's sensitive stomach has forced me to cut out all the most interesting foods from my diet.  So, likely because of all that, my diet these days generally consists of cereal, pb&j, pop tarts, and Luna bars.  Yep.

So it gave me ENORMOUS pleasure the other day to cook a wonderful meal of Chicken Marsala, mashed potatoes, and peas for my family.

"Look, kids!  Real food!"

In fact, this meal was so pleasing, it actually motivated me to start blogging again!  I thought this recipe must be shared!

Here it is.  (Oh, and you should know that I didn't take any pictures when I made it, so I grabbed a very similar-looking picture off the internet.  Thanks, Tyler Florence!  But no, his recipe is not the same as mine.)

Photo source here

Chicken Marsala
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, pounded to 1/2 inch thickness
1/4 cup flour
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. oregano
1/4 tsp. pepper
1/4 cup butter
2 tbsp. olive oil
8 oz. mushrooms, sliced
1/2 cup Marsala wine
1/4 cup cooking sherry

In a large ziploc bag, combine flour, salt, oregano and pepper.  Shake chicken pieces, one at a time, to coat.  In a large pan, melt butter in oil over medium-high heat.  Add chicken and brown on one side.  Turn chicken over.  Add mushrooms, marsala wine, and cooking sherry.  Cover, reduce heat to medium and cook for 10 minutes until chicken is fully cooked.

Serves 4.

Note: This recipe goes great with regular mashed potatoes and a green vegetable.  And it's spectacular with garlic mashed potatoes and asparagus!  

Why, yes, I will share that garlic mashed potatoes recipe with you.  Soon.  Stay tuned!




And if that Chicken Marsala recipe sounds too complicated to you (it's really not - 30 minutes, tops - but we all lead busy lives), Carrabba's Italian Grill offers a great version on their regular menu.

No comments:

Post a Comment