This isn't a baking blog or a ministry blog (but I'll talk about those), and it's not a gardening blog (goodness, no). This is just a blog about anything, and maybe everything, that I'm thinking about right now.







Thursday, March 10, 2011

Fashion Sense

Do you ever get dressed in the morning, and then on your way out the door (5 minutes later than you wanted to leave, of course), you realize you hate what you're wearing?  Or maybe you're just not "feelin' it?"  That happened to me today.

This is what I was wearing. (By the way, I am pregnant. You can really see the bump in this picture.)



I just wasn't feelin' it.  (Oh, and please forgive my terrible photography.  Maybe I'll get better with practice.  Maybe?)  Well, I didn't have time to change, so this is what I wore out today.  And it turns out I got some compliments.  So I guess sometimes it's good to do something different for a change.

On the other hand, this is much more my style.


Aaah, I'm more comfortable just looking at it!

But, that said, this is what I'm wearing the rest of the day.


When I'm spending the rest of the day on the couch due to partial bedrest, I go for function over fashion!

There's one other thing I've got to show you.  You might think I'm crazy, and if you do, I'll understand. 

A while ago I heard a talk on being a good (loving...perfect...imaginary) wife, and the woman said to wear the outfits your husband likes.  I realized that Steve compliments and seems to appreciate certain outfits, but that I rarely remember which ones, so I started a list.  Here it is.




On this paper, I make notes of outfits that people have complimented, or that I've really loved, so I can remember to wear them again., instead of defaulting to the same old, same old.

If you look really closely, you can see that the last outfit I've recorded is:
Bottom: grey leggings & denim mini (skirt)
Top: purple cami & blue AE long sleeved
Shoes: fuzzy boots or ...
Miscellaneous: lightweight blue scarf, black & blue earrings
Who: both (O=others, S=Steve, and both=well, you know)

So there you have it.  My OCD on display for everyone to see. 

Don't hate me because I'm beautiful; It's a lot of hard work!

1 comment: