This isn't a baking blog or a ministry blog (but I'll talk about those), and it's not a gardening blog (goodness, no). This is just a blog about anything, and maybe everything, that I'm thinking about right now.







Wednesday, April 6, 2011

A Kid Tip: Bland Cereal

I kind of fall on both sides of the equation when it comes to sugary cereals.  On one hand, my kids eat Lucky Charms almost every day.  (Seriously, who can blame them?)  But on the other hand, there's a trick I learned that helps them eat healthier cereal with less sugar.

When you eat a "healthy" (meaning, in this case, bland) cereal like plain Cheerios or Rice Crispies, do you add a teaspoon or more of sugar?  I always did.

But what about putting on a few shakes of sprinkles for kids instead?  My kids love to decorate their cereal with all the different colors available, and even if they overdo it, they end up with way less than a teaspoon of sugar.


  (Okay, college-aged readers, I know you don't have kids, but admit it, you want to try this, don't you?)

No comments:

Post a Comment