This isn't a baking blog or a ministry blog (but I'll talk about those), and it's not a gardening blog (goodness, no). This is just a blog about anything, and maybe everything, that I'm thinking about right now.







Saturday, September 24, 2011

Back Again

Well, that was some break, right?  Betcha thought I'd never be back.  Betcha if you did that's because I told you I'd never be back.  But it's a woman's prerogative to change her mind, right?

So here's what's been going on:

  • I spent the summer in Fort Collins - very very pregnant.
  • I rode a bike in Ft. Collins while I was very very pregnant.
  • I came home early from Ft. Collins because I thought "the baby's coming!"
  • But the baby didn't come...and didn't come...and didn't come...
  • And then I had the baby!  At the very last minute we named him Kai.  He's a serious cutie.  I mean really, watch out world!  But so far he's also pretty intense and hasn't been able to decide yet if there's anything to smile about in this world.  We're trying to convince him that there is.
Photo by www.jenlintsphotography.com

And now I'm back.  I'll be blogging along the way, but I won't commit to blogging every day.  I'll just post on Facebook when I've written a new blog.  "Friend" me if you want to hear about it.

I have grandiose blogging plans like telling you about my Chicken Marsala recipe, sharing deep metaphysical thoughts, and detailing the exploits of our newest family member. ("Look, he blinked!  Look!  He blinked again!")  It's going to be fascinating.  But I bet you mostly want that Chicken Marsala recipe - am I right?

Talk to you soon!

3 comments:

  1. Happy to see you! And to hear a little about Kai. Can't wait to hear more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had one baby who cried for the first 3 months of life - for no apparent reason. My brother, who is a Dr. of Psychology, said, "He's probably just bored. Wait until he is 3 months and can begin to reach for things and do things, and he'll probably be happy. He's probably very intelligent." He was right on all counts - so maybe you have a very intelligent little Kai. He IS a beautiful little boy ! Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have a 4th trimester theory--that their first 3 months they just wish they were back inside for a 4th "trimester" (quarter?). Then they suck it up and get happy...:)

    ReplyDelete