This isn't a baking blog or a ministry blog (but I'll talk about those), and it's not a gardening blog (goodness, no). This is just a blog about anything, and maybe everything, that I'm thinking about right now.







Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Yippee!!!

Guess what's coming to town - well, to South Denver?



Can you see it?



How about now?

Ikea is coming to town!!  That's even more exciting than Santa Claus!

Have you experienced the beauty and excitement and, well, general awesomeness of Ikea?  If not, I'm sure you don't get my excitement.

They say:


"At IKEA our vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people. Our business idea supports this vision by offering a wide range of well-designed, functional home furnishing products at prices so low that as many people as possible will be able to afford them."


In my personal experience with Ikea, it means affordable solutions for small spaces.  Wardrobes that can fit in the tight corners and help you store your stuff.  It can also mean a cute apartment totally furnished on a college budget.


The sign on their store (as I drove by in Denver) said that they will be opening July 27.  Do you know why that is incredibly good news?  My little (still unnamed) schnookums is due August 22, which means that I will have time to furnish the big boys' new shared room with Ikea before the baby comes!  While I'm at it I might see if I can solve our master bedroom horror show by getting a hold of some wardrobes.


Check out their website to get an idea of what they are all about.  Look mostly at their pictures of finished bedrooms to get an idea of what you can do in your own house.  If you try to browse through the individual items you might get overwhelmed.  

And a tip for when you do venture up north to shop.  Give it a whole day.  Seriously.  You'll walk through the showroom upstairs so you can see how the individual pieces work in a real setting.  Take copious notes of what products you want to buy.  Then, as you follow the store's preset pathway, you'll pass a cafe.  Grab a snack and maybe a caffeine pick-me-up.  Then continue on your journey.  Next you'll find yourself heading downstairs where you'll pick out the items you want and load them onto ridiculously large carts.  Then you'll head home either with your items (if your car is big enough) or without them (to be delivered later).  Finally, assemble and enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. Good to see someone who shares my excitement for IKEA! (Joel does NOT.)
    :)
    We will have to plan a shopping trip together.

    Mel

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it makes me love IKEA even more that they chose our 26th anniversary to be the date of their Grand Opening! We love everything IKEA. Whenever we are traveling we go to that city's IKEA. We have been to them all over the country, and now, FINALLY, we will have our own. We always go to their cafe and have the Swedish meatballs with lingonberry sauce, and we're not even Swedish! Tim takes a notebook and jots down all the funny sounding names, so we can throw them out randomly in our conversations. And, yes, our favorite is our Dick bookcase! We are so immature!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woah - sorry about the weird font issues. I don't think I'll bother to fix it. :)

    ReplyDelete