This isn't a baking blog or a ministry blog (but I'll talk about those), and it's not a gardening blog (goodness, no). This is just a blog about anything, and maybe everything, that I'm thinking about right now.







Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Eiffel Sandwich

What do turkey, spinach, brie cheese, and strawberry jelly have in common?

An amazing sandwich, of course!




Are you hesitant to believe me?

Listen, turkey and cranberry sauce are good.  Brie and jams are good.  Spinach and strawberries are good.  Put it all together and you've got the Eiffel Sandwich! 

I have to thank my friend, Katrina, for introducing me to this concoction.  She brought it over to help me out and save me meal preparation for an afternoon.  Katrina tasted this at a restaurant, perfected it at home, and then shared it with us.

I'm always up for a new taste sensation, but Steve wasn't so sure.  In the end, we both loved it, and seriously, Steve can't stop talking about it.

Here's how you do it:

Eiffel Sandwich
Makes 2 sandwiches

4 slices french bread (or try sourdough)
2 slices brie cheese (I left the white rind on, it's harmless)
4 slices honey-smoked turkey breast
4 large spinach leaves, washed
4 tsp., approximately, strawberry jelly

Preheat the broiler.  Lightly toast the slices of bread in a toaster.  Top 2 slices with brie and turkey.  Broil on a low rack until the cheese is melted.  Remove from the oven.  Place 1-2 spinach leaves on each sandwich.  Spread the other two slices of bread with jelly, then place those slices on the sandwich, on top of the spinach.

Sorry I don't have a picture of the finished product for you - we ate them too quickly!

No comments:

Post a Comment